People want to go home to a livable and beautiful house. Air conditioning units make a home more comfortable, especially during the summer season. Refreshing air from air conditioning allows you to relax and even sleep better.
How Do You Ensure That Your Air Conditioner Is Well Maintained?
Keeping your air conditioning unit well maintained not only saves you money, but it also prolongs its lifespan. It requires periodic maintenance to be sure it is running efficiently.
You can perform simple cleaning and maintenance without calling for air conditioning service and repair.
Here’s How You Do Home Air Conditioner Service:
1. Shut off the power first for safety purposes. Since you will be working with the air conditioning unit’s moving parts, it is important to switch off the power to the unit. Alternately, you can turn off the power from the circuit breaker.
2. Remove the fan grill. Screw off and then remove the fasters and lift the fan grill to the top of the unit. Clean or vacuum off dust and other debris from the interior.
3. Clean the fins using a garden hose. You can use a commercial fin cleaning spray. This is available at most home improvement stores. Be sure to read the labels before using.
4. Straighten the fins. Misshaped fins can block the air flow and reduces the unit’s efficiency. Using a butter knife straighten out the fins. Be careful not to damage the tubing.
5. Clean around the unit. Be sure nothing is blocking the unit’s fan. Clean the area from leaves, debris, and vegetation. Cover the top of the unit with plastic to protect it from falling debris.
6. Clean the evaporator coil. Using a soft brush clean the coil and clean the drain pan with water and soap.
7. Clean the evaporator drain. Algae and mold can cause clogging on the drain and may cause damage by either flooding or stop cooling.
8. Change the blower filter. Fan filters should be changed periodically to ensure efficient air flow rating.
9. Switch the power on.
Alternately if you don’t want to waste your time doing this, you can call for air conditioning service and repair companies.
Home Air Conditioning Service Cost
Even though you did periodic maintenance on your air-conditioning unit the time will come when you need to call someone like San Marcos air conditioning for service and repair. The average cost of fixing the units depend on the following factors.
*Age. The average life of an air conditioning unit is fifteen years. The older the unit the higher will be the cost to repair. It is best to replace your unit if you had it for more than ten years, especially if it had repeatedly been going to repair companies.
*Time. Typically air conditioning service and repair beef up during the onset of summer or during the middle of summer. Because of this pros charge higher than during another season.
*Efficiency and size. Large units require more work, so pros charge high on this.
*Materials and a/c parts. If it requires new filters, then the price will increase. Cost also depends on changing other air-conditioning unit parts.
Conclusion. Send your unit to air conditioning service and repair pros only. However, if the unit is old and had repeatedly been sent for service, it’s best to buy a new one.