There are many reasons why people choose a storage space rental. Sometimes your new home is not ready to be moved to in at the time you will move to house your items. Maybe you want to be rid of the clutter. It might not seem like a big decision for a storage space rental, but it requires some research and thought before choosing the right one for you. Start with storage space rental singapore for your requirements.
Do You Need to Find Self Storage
Here are some statistics which just might blow you away. Do you know that 89% of the worldwide depots are in the U.S.? One out eleven households is renting storage spaces.
Reasons You May or May Not Require Storage Spaces
People use storage units usually in a period of transitionally or life change. If you are building a house or if you have a lease term and you need to move out of somewhere temporarily.
Here Are Some Points Where You May Not Think of Using Storage Space:
- Let’s do the math before deciding for storage space rental. Do you know that 30% of people rent storage for two years or more? Average medium size unit is $125 per month. So if you keep that for two years, so you spend around 3000. Imagine having a treadmill, sofa, mattress, books, etc. in that storage unit. If you keep that for two years, you could already buy a new one. At some point, the cost of the unit exceeds the replacement cost of the items.
- You have inherited boxes of things from your parents. If you move them to storage, now they have accountability. Ask for help from family and have some sort of deadline to check when they must be moved by.
- Laziness is another reason for not paying for storage. Maybe you don’t have time to go through your stuff.
What’s shocking is according to statistics of the people who rented a depot unit, 65% have garages, 47% have an attics, 33% have basements. Maybe you didn’t maximize the use of these areas in your home. It’s always good to use all the alternatives we have at home in order to save as much money as we can. We worked hard to earn every buck, so it’s crucial that we put our money into good use.
When Does It Make Sense to Have a Storage Unit:
- If you have maximized your storage space and need another place. You have done all the work.
- If you truly have a temporary situation and need a unit for the transition.
- You have rare or expensive items that would be difficult to replace. It maybe antiques or you has collections from around the world where you won’t be able to collect it again. There’s value there beyond the replacement cost than the actual item.
Questions to Answer Before You Pay Storage Rent
- Does the storage unit come with a stack of papers listing fees hidden in fine print and other additional hidden costs? If so it’s best to avoid that.
- Does the storage unit charge a lot of start up fees? Again you have to prevent this.
- Do you know roughly how many items you will store? Before companies can give you an accurate quote, they need to have an understanding how many goods you are going store.
- Does the company have good security features? You want to be sure nobody is going to walk away with your things.
You have to decide if you need additional storage space. Maximize the storage space you have and check before renting one.